Wusthof Ikon Blackwood Chef's Knife with Hollow Edge
The jewel of the WÜSTHOF collection, IKON has beautifully designed handles made of African Blackwood (Grenadill). African Blackwood is known for extreme density and has a distinctive wood grain. IKON full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stain-free steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster. The double bolster design provides exceptional balance for effortless cutting.
The IKON Cook’s Knife with Hollow Edge is the workhorse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook’s knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats. The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang.
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs.
- Full bolster/finger guard for safety and protection.
- Caution: cook´s knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge.
- Not dishwasher safe, wash by hand only.